More about Tomamu
Discover the Fun Facts of Tomamu in Furano, Japan
Tomamu is a popular ski resort located in the town of Shimukappu, Hokkaido, Japan. The resort is known for its stunning panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and lush forests. Tomamu is also home to the largest indoor wave pool in Japan, Mina-Mina Beach, which is open year-round. Another fun fact about Tomamu is that it is the only ski resort in Japan that has a dedicated gondola for skiers and snowboarders to access the slopes. This resort is also famous for its Ice Village, which is built every winter and features ice sculptures, an ice bar, and an ice chapel.
Top Reasons to Visit Tomamu: A Must-See Destination in Japan
Tomamu is a must-see destination in Japan, especially for ski and snowboard enthusiasts. The resort boasts some of the best powder snow in the world, making it a popular destination for winter sports. Apart from skiing and snowboarding, the resort offers a variety of activities for visitors of all ages, such as snowmobiling, snow rafting, and snowshoeing. During the summer months, visitors can enjoy golfing, hiking, and mountain biking. Tomamu is also home to the Unkai Terrace, which offers stunning views of the sea of clouds that form in the valley below.
How to Go to Tomamu: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
Tomamu is easily accessible from New Chitose Airport, which is the main airport serving the Hokkaido region. From the airport, visitors can take a direct train to Tomamu Station, which takes about 90 minutes. Alternatively, visitors can take a bus or taxi from the airport to the resort, which takes about 2 hours. Once at the resort, visitors can easily get around by foot or by using the resort's free shuttle bus service.
10 Fun Things to Do in Tomamu: A Complete Guide
Tomamu offers a wide variety of activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are 10 fun things to do in Tomamu:
1. Skiing and snowboarding: Tomamu is known for its excellent powder snow, making it a popular destination for winter sports.
2. Mina-Mina Beach: This indoor wave pool is open year-round and is a fun way to unwind after a day on the slopes.
3. Ice Village: This winter wonderland features ice sculptures, an ice bar, and an ice chapel.
4. Unkai Terrace: This observation deck offers stunning views of the sea of clouds that form in the valley below.
5. Snowmobiling: Visitors can explore the surrounding forests on a snowmobile tour.
6. Snow rafting: This thrilling activity involves riding down the slopes on an inflatable raft.
7. Snowshoeing: Visitors can explore the winter wonderland on a snowshoe tour.
8. Golfing: During the summer months, visitors can enjoy a round of golf on the resort's 18-hole golf course.
9. Hiking: Visitors can explore the surrounding mountains on a hiking tour.
10. Mountain biking: During the summer months, visitors can rent a mountain bike and explore the resort's trails.
Why Book with Agoda.com for Your Tomamu Hotel
Agoda.com is the perfect platform to book your stay in Tomamu. With a wide range of hotels to choose from, you can find the perfect accommodation to suit your needs and budget. Agoda.com offers competitive prices and hassle-free booking, making it easy to plan your trip to Tomamu. Plus, with Agoda.com's user-friendly platform, you can easily compare prices and read reviews from other travelers to find the best hotel for your stay.
The Best Time to Visit Tomamu: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Tomamu depends on your interests and what you want to do. If you're interested in skiing and snowboarding, the best time to visit is during the winter months from December to March. The powder snow is at its best during this time, making it a popular destination for winter sports. If you're interested in outdoor activities such as golfing, hiking, and mountain biking, the best time to visit is during the summer months from June to September. The weather is mild and the scenery is stunning during this time.
Expert Tips for Travelers Visiting Tomamu
Here are some expert tips for travelers visiting Tomamu:
1. Dress warmly: The weather in Tomamu can be very cold during the winter months, so make sure to pack warm clothing.
2. Book your activities in advance: Popular activities such as skiing and snowboarding can book up quickly, so make sure to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
3. Try the local cuisine: Tomamu is known for its delicious local cuisine, such as seafood and Hokkaido-style ramen.
4. Rent a car: If you want to explore the surrounding area, consider renting a car to give you more flexibility.
Where to Stay in Tomamu: A Guide to the Best Hotels
Tomamu offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets and needs. Here are some of the best hotels in Tomamu:
1. Hoshino Resorts Tomamu the Tower: This luxury hotel offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is located right by the ski slopes.
2. Hoshino Resorts Risonare Tomamu Hotel Hokkaido: This family-friendly hotel offers spacious rooms and a variety of activities for children.
3. Hoshino Resort Risonare Tomamu: This hotel offers a unique experience, with rooms that are designed to feel like a private villa.
4. ClubMed Tomamu Resort Hokkaido: This all-inclusive resort offers a variety of activities and amenities, including skiing, snowboarding, and a spa.
5. Club Med Tomamu Hokkaido: This family-friendly resort offers a variety of activities for children, including a kids' club and a snow garden.
What to Eat in Tomamu: A Foodie's Guide to the Best Local Cuisine
Tomamu is known for its delicious local cuisine, which includes seafood, Hokkaido-style ramen, and dairy products such as cheese and ice cream. Here are some of the best places to eat in Tomamu:
1. Hotalu Street: This street is lined with restaurants serving a variety of local cuisine, including seafood and ramen.
2. Mina-Mina Beach: This indoor wave pool also features a food court serving a variety of dishes.
3. Unkai Terrace: This observation deck also has a restaurant serving a variety of dishes, including seafood and steak.
How to Travel Around Tomamu: A Comprehensive Guide
Tomamu is a small resort town, so it's easy to get around by foot or by using the resort's free shuttle bus service. If you want to explore the surrounding area, consider renting a car. There are also taxis available, but they can be expensive. If you're traveling from the airport, the most convenient way to get to Tomamu is by train or bus. Once at the resort, you can easily get around on foot or by using the resort's shuttle bus service.